Follow our weekly name that plant and its uses. Each week we post a new edible and medicinal plant on our Google + Community page. See if you know what it is and what its used for in a wilderness survival scenario. Each week I will post a detailed explanation of the previous weeks plant. If it is not answered by the community members. Feel free to post your responses.
Poisonous mushrooms are something that can make you horribly sick or even possibly kill you dead as a doornail. Below is a very informative article that may help save your life if your a novice!
Sharing this from Natureskills.com
A common pastime of outdoor enthusiasts is collecting edible mushrooms. This endeavor must be pursued with great caution since mistaking a poisonous mushroom for one that is edible can cost you your life. There are many old wives tales that would have you believe that there are easy ways to avoid poisonous mushrooms through blanket methods–a mushroom that has been eaten by an animal is safe, any dried fungus is safe, no mushroom growing on wood is poisonous. However, the only way to avoid poisonous mushrooms is through 100% positive identification.